ASPIICS data are available in different level of processing of the images acquired in the 6 different channels, from Level-0 to Level-3:
- Level-0: FITS files constructed on the basis of only the metadata in the telemetry packets. These files are not distributed outside of the SOC.
- Level-1: FITS files derived from Level-0 with all possible metadata added to the header but without any modification to the data.
- Level-2: FITS files derived from Level-1 with the data calibrated for general purpose science needs.
- Level-3: FITS files derived from Level-2 with the different exposures merged and with special methods applied that restrict their science use to specific needs. To properly register the full dynamic range of the coronal brightness in the ASPIICS FOV, the same scene can be recorded with the same filter using different exposure times; these images are then merged to reconstruct the full scene. The Level-3 products are:
- Total brightness of the K corona (after removal of the F corona contribution)
- Polarised brightness
- Polarisation angle
- Fe XIV line image (after removal of the continuum contribution from the K and F corona)
- He I D3 line image (after removal of the continuum contribution from the K and F corona)
Data access (A link to access the data will be provided here)